Monday 27 May 2013

Hello from Australia

Hello lovely people. I want to introduce myself in my first blog entry. My name is Quynh (pronounce as Quinn) and am currently 24 years old. I’m Vietnamese if anyone is wondering.

I’ve graduated from Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) University in 2009 with a Bachelor of Science, majoring in Biotechnology. And I will soon be graduating from Monash University with a Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science. Some of you may think “wow, she must be smart”. Well let me tell you now, I am nowhere near. To think of it, I don’t even know how I passed all my units haha.

I’m not that typical Asian where people tend to stereotype. Beside from my oriental features and that I’m really short; I don’t have the brain or the skeletal figure. I suck at maths and rely on the calculator on my mobile phone. You should see me trying to work out how much to pay when I have to split the bill at a restaurant with my friends. Fingers and toes were involved, joking! When I go to asian countries, I’m considered to be fat and if I buy clothes it would be size L or XL (even though I’m a size 8 AU). All my aunts in Vietnam would always say to me “why are you so the FAT?!” Well aunties, there are some damn delicious in Australia. How can anyone resist? MMmmm….hamburgers *drools* Also, I’m not fortunate enough to get the asian’s “botox genes”. Why do all Asians look so much younger than their actual age?! I either look my age or older. Vietnamese ladies would always call me “Chi” meaning big sister or an older lady than themselves. Even women in their 40s called me big sister. I get so annoyed when that happens. Geez, I know I look old but I’m half your age woman!!

I’m currently working full time at a chemist as a pharmacy assistant. Yeah, it not related to my degrees. I don’t enjoy working in a lab, I get bored and has no patience. Why do I keep studying in the science field? I have no idea; somehow I keep getting drawn into it. However, I would love to find a job in clinical trial. I did work placement last year at a CRO (Clinical Research Organisation) and I LOVED IT!!! Unfortunately it is extremely hard to get into nowadays L So in the meantime, working at a chemist will have to suffice. Gotta make some mula somehow :p

Anyway, I’m getting side track here (as always). Hope you got to know me a bit better. I’ll be writing about random things and share my science knowledge on formulated products with you guise. So stay tune lovelies xx 

2 comments: