Thursday 7 November 2013

My current everyday neutral look


Hello my beautiful readers! I'm going to be doing my very first make-up tutorial. Why has it taken me this long to do one? I never intended to do make-up tutorials on my blog because I feel that I'm just a beginner and there are areas I still suck at (e.g. doing different eyes looks). However, since it's a beauty blog I might as well provide a few make-up tutorials (not going to guarantee they will amazing). 


As the title of this blog stated, today I'm going to show you how I do my everyday make-up. Something simple and presentable. You can wear it to work or school. Before we begin I want to point out that I started taking photos for this tutorial a few weeks ago and didn't get a chance to finish so I continued it a few days ago. That will explain the different clothing and nails colour. Also, sorry about the bra straps showing, every time the timer of the camera started to go off, my bra straps decided to fall (>.<).

Ok let begins.....

So I'm starting out with my bare face. Aaarrgghh don't look at me, I'm ugly!!!! lol. I increased the ISO on my camera so you can't see too many blemishes hehe. I've already did my day time skin routine. I will do a separate post for it to let you know what products I'm currently using.

ONE
Time to put primer on. My face is red recently so I used my Loreal Studio Secrets anti-redness primer. Just one pump and I applied it onto my face with my fingers. 

TWO
For foundation I used the Bourjois healthy mix in the colour 52. I also have it in the colour 53 which I need to start using because my skin has gone darker since summer is approaching. Again, only one pumped is required. What I do is I dot the foundation all over my face as well as my neck. 

THREE
I used the Sigma F80 flat kabuki brush to buff the foundation into my skin. Can't forget about the neck! 

FOUR
After the foundation is done I used the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser concealer in light pale to cover blemishes. I then buffed it with the Sigma F80

FIVE
Before I put concealer under my eyes, I used the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser illuminator to brighten my eyes up. I made a V (it looks like a U) shape under the eyes and gently patted it with a brush.

The brush I used to do so is the Royal & Langnickel Angle Eye Blender C460

SIX
I repeated step 5 but I used the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser in Light pale concealer instead. After the concealer is patted in, I set it with a loose powder using the Angle eye blender again. Have to tap off the excess powder on the brush before applying. 

The loose powder I used is the Chi Chi minerals finishing powder

SEVEN
Time to set the foundation. Here I used the Revlon powder brush. After I picked up powder from the Chi Chi mineral powder, I twirled the brush on the back of the powder lid to get a some what even powder consistency onto it. I then tapped off the excess powder and brush the it all over my face. 

EIGHT
To contour my face, I used  Essence matte powder in 09 Soft Tan. It's a pressed powder but I find it's amazing to use as a bronzer. The brush I used to contour my face is the E.L.F. Angled Blush Brush.

I applied the "bronzer" at the hallow of my cheek bones, my temples and also my jaw lines.

NINE
For blush, I used Models Prefer desk to date and I applied it using Real Technique multi task brush

I applied the blush on the apples of my cheeks and gentle swept it up (near towards my top ear)

TEN
I used the Sigma small angle E85 brush to fill in my brows. Here I used the darkest brown eye shadow from Essence eyeshadow quad in 05 to die for


ELEVEN
I like to prime my lips before I do my eye make-up. This gives my lips time to moisturise before I put on a lipstick at the end. It's kinda like pre-heating the oven when you're cooking. Firstly, I scrub my lips to get rid of dead skins. Here I used Lush lip scurb in Bubblegum

TWELVE
Time to hydrate the lips! I used the Blistex Ultra lip balm but you can use any lip balm. 

THIRTEEN
I like to curl my lashes before I do my eye make-up because I find that if I curl it after, the eyeshadows transfer onto my curler and ruin my eye look. I used the Shu Uemura eyelash curler which I bought a few years ago when I was in Singapore. 

FOURTEEN
For my eye make up, I started off with a base where I used the Maybelline 24hr color tattoo in 70 Barely Branded. I applied this on my eyelids using the Sigma medium angled shading E70 brush

Here I'm patting the cream shadow on my whole eyelids.

FIFTEEN 
Next I used my Inglot palette I made at IMATs. I used the a dark purple colour in 378 with my E.L.F Eye crease brush

I applied this shadow on the crease of my eyes

SIXTEEN
It's time to blend, blend, blend! I used an imitation M.A.C. 217 blending brush I got from eBay. I don't have the real one to compare but it works very well. I think it's better than the Sigma Tapered blending E40 brush. 

SEVENTEEN
For mascara I used Maybelline waterproof Illegal length in blackest black. I generally apply 2 coats.

EIGHTEEN
Here I used my all time favourite everyday lipstick from Australis. It's their colour inject mineral lipstick and I used the colour called macarena which for me is a my lips but better lipstick. 


And that's the end of this make-up tutorial. Above is a before and after pic. Hope you guys enjoyed my first ever make-up tutorial :)

Btw, I didn't highlight in this tutorial because I'm lazy to do so everyday lol. But when I go out at night I would apply it.

8 comments:

  1. Wow this tutorial is super awesome, Quynh! Good job and I would really like to see more tutes! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. I'm glad you like it. I will try make more in the near future :)

      Delete
  2. aw I LOVE IT so good quynh! and you look flawless :)))) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the natural look, looking forward to see more tutorials, maybe something more for going out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love. Yes I'm planning to do some night out looks. Keep an eye out ;)

      Delete
  4. love it babe! i want to see more tutotials

    ReplyDelete