Sunday 10 November 2013

Lazy Sunday - BOE lipsticks review


Big W (Aussie small department store. Kinda like a mini Walmart in the State) stocks their own little make up line called BOE. They have a few basic items such as lipsticks, eye liners, blushes, face powders and nail polishes. The best part is all products are $2 AUD each! I think it's great for beginners to doesn't know where to start. You can probably get all the products for the entire look for around $14. I finally found a Big W  that stock the BOE lipsticks so I decided to grab a few and test them out. I wasn't interested in the other products, I'm a lip products junkie :D


I picked up 6 lipsticks. 5 'normal' lipsticks and one matte lipstick. I don't know why coral kisses and lovely has the same number (#7). One flaw in the brand. 

That's the whole lipstick bullet. You get a good amount of product for only $2.

It's a nice natural colour

Rimmel also got a lipstick called Birthday Suit which is a more nude beige colour compared to the BOE one. 

Fresh pink colour

Sorry I wrote the wrong brand in the photo, it suppose to be NYX. The BOE Tea rose lipstick is more brighter than the NYX one but both are really nice pink colour. Click below to see my NYX haul:

I was disappointed with this one. The sticker looks like a nice vibrant pink but it turned out to be a pale light pink. I was hoping the colour on the sticker is somewhat similar to the actual lipstick. It's a bit hard to tell when the lipstick is sealed and the cap isn't that clear to see (as seen below).

Can't see the colour of the bullet properly

I like the colour but again I was hoping that the lipstick colour is similar to the sticker which is a bright orange. It turned out to be a light red (like cherry red from my Maybelline babylips).

 I love this colour. It's a nice light red and I think it will suit different skin tones. It's perfect for those who are not comfortable of wearing a red lipsticks. Also, it makes my teeth whiter :D
I wore Lovely on Friday when I went out and this is a picture I took after I got home (which was quite late at night or should I say very early in the morning). It still stayed on my lips after a couple of hours where I had a fewof drinks and snacks. I used Rimmel Lasting Finish lip liner in 050 Tiramisu underneath before apply Lovely on. Sorry about for the blurry picture. I took it with the front camera of my phone. 

The matte lipsticks are in a square face shaped. I only managed to find this colour in the matte range. It's not a matte formula what so ever. I was expecting it to be matte like the Savvy lipsticks I bought a while back (shown below). However, it seems to be more pigmented than the other ones and more hydrating. 


VERDICT:
4/5. If these lipstick cost more than $2 (if it was around $5-$8) I would only give it a 3/5. These lipsticks smell crayons (only faintly) and the bullets seem to be harder than other brands. However, it gives great pigmentation. Even though they have a few flaws, they are only $2 so I will let that slide. It's great for people who are just beginners in using make up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment