Monday 18 November 2013

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette pictures and swatches



The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette is finally out in Australia. You can get it at Mecca Maxima stores at the price of $95 AUD. I'm not sure if you still can get it because it's pretty much sold out everywhere even for that ridiculous price. I heard numerous raving reviews about the individual powders. It's an extremely popular product in the blogosphere world. I wasn't planning to buy it because it's expensive but I was in Mecca on Friday and I just asked where the palette is located and the staff lady told me they only had one left and it was behind the counter. Since it was the last one I immediately jumped the gun and got it (>.<). My boyfriend actually ended up purchasing it for me. He said it's can be my early Christmas present :D



I just love the packaging. Love the colours, the shape, pretty much everything. 

Back of the palette


The palette consists of three shades; Dim Light, Incandescent Light and Radiant Light (around 3.3 g each). Both the Dim and Radiant Light are part of the permanent range which comes in single, full size compact at roughly 10 g. The palette also include a 3 g Veil Mineral Primer.

Dim Light

Dim Light is a light (almost translucent) beige with extremely subtle shimmer. It is described as a "neutral peach beige powder." When I applied on my arm, the colour barely showed. However, when I applied it all over my face, it gave a nice subtle glow in the sunlight. Especially when I used bronzer, this powder enhances it. Making it looked like I just got back from a tropical island with sun-kiss glow. 

Incandescent Light

This colour is a light ivory colour which also has subtle sheen but more shimmery compared to the other two powders in the palette. It is described as "pearlescent powder." I used this as a highlighter where I applied above my cheekbones. It add a beautiful dimension and glow to my face as the sunlight hit them. 

Radiant Light

This powder is a warm light beige colour which has been described as "golden beige powder." I haven't used this one yet but I think it will look stunning mainly on warmer skin tones (medium to dark) as a highlighter. However, I think it will also look amazing on pale skin tone. For those who have pale skin and are afraid to use bronzer because it makes their faces look "dirty", this is the perfect powder for you. It's no where near as dark as a bronzer but it will add warmth to the complexion, making your skin looks healthy and glowing. 


I have used the palette twice so far and I've been loving it. Sorry I forgot to take pictures but I will include it in the up coming tutourials. The negative thing I would have say is the price and also the texture of the powders. The powders are remarkably soft so you have to use the right brush or else you may pick up an excess amount (waste of product). 

No comments:

Post a Comment