Thursday 14 November 2013

Rimmel Colour Rush balms - Review


I've read a few UK bloggers' reviews on these beauties and I got hooked. For those who don't already know, I LOVE lip products. Rimmel has finally decided to jump onto the bandwagon to create these balm products. Revlon makes incredible ones and they are by far one of my favourite pigmented lip balms. 


Rimmel Colour Rush balms are extremely similar to the Revlon ones (Kissable lip balm stain). You twist the bottom to get more product out. They are pigmented, moisturising and feel amazing on the lips. Like the Revlon ones, they also stain the lips even though they don't state it. The only difference I find between the Revlon the Rimmel lip balms is the scent. The Rimmel ones has a nice vanilla scent which reminds me of cookie and cream chocolate when I wear them on the lips. Revlon on the other hand has a minty scent.

There are 7 shades available but I only managed to get 5. I found them on ASOS and they only have 5 shades. ASOS is selling these balms for $11.07 AUD each but I got them on sale for $7.39 AUD. They are still on sale so if you guys are interested, you should go and have a look asap. The two shades that are not available on ASOS are Not an Illusion and Keep Mauving. I saw swatches for them and they are the colours I think I would absolutely love. Hopefully they will be hitting the stores soon in Oz. 

http://www.asos.com/au/Rimmel-London/Rimmel-London-Lasting-Finish-Colour-Rush-Balm-17g/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3625280&SearchQuery=rimmel&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Givemeacuddle

L-R: 710 Drive me nude, 100 Give me a cuddle, 600 On fire, 500 The redder, the better and 220 Rumour has it. 

710 Drive me nude

100 Give me a cuddle

600 On fire

500 The redder, the better 

220 Rumour has it. 

VERDICT: 
4.5/5 - They are moisturising, have long lasting power and pigmented. The have a lovely vanilla scent which I prefer over the minty one from Revlon. Also, they are more affordable than the Revlon ones (Aussie stores sell Revlon ones for around $15-18 each). It sucks that they aren't readily available in Aussie stores at the moment so you can't test them yourself but hopefully this review/swatches give you some visualisation of the balms. I think they should make more colours like Revlon. Coral colours will definitely be popular. 

2 comments:

  1. omg! you're making me poor before christmas! i just made a purchase! :X love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't be disappointed babe. They are worth it :)

    ReplyDelete