Thursday 15 August 2013

Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick review

I bought these “lipstick” about 2 weeks ago online before I knew they were already out in Australia. The reason why I put the quotation sign on lipstick is because I don’t think it’s a lipstick but more of a glossy lip balm. I got all four available shades;

01 Red Sunrise
02 Fuchsia Libre
03 Orange Punch
04 Peach on the Beach

They are available at Priceline for $15 AUD each. I got it on a site called lifesandlook:

All four of them together including shipping costed around $44 AUD which works out to be much cheaper than buying all of them here at Priceline ($60 AUD).

They are designed very similarly to the Revlon kissable balm stain. They also can be twisted so no sharpening is required. Compared to the Revlon one, I like the glossy finish of the Bourjois ones more. At first, it seems to be more hydrating. However, the gloss is washed away easily by drinking or eating. The colour lasting effect doesn’t last very long. I wore it to work and it lasted around 2 hours. After that it became dried. Revlon ones stay on for a longer period. 

All four shades

04 Peach on the Beach

03 Orange Punch

01 Red Sunrise

02 Fuchsia Libre

My favourite one out of the four so far is the 02 Fuchsia Libre. I’m disappointed in the 03 Orange Punch. When I swatched it on my hand it looks orange but on the lips it’s like an orange red instead. I was hoping for a similar effect to the Revlon kissable balm stain in rendezvous (but less pigmented).

VERDICT:
3.5/5. I like the cute chubby stick design but they are very similar to other brands. Good hydration and gloss at the start but doesn’t last long. When it becomes dry, it leaves a line of pigmented residues on my lips (doesn’t look very appealing). 

4 comments:

  1. I noticed that the colour pay off isnt as great as the Rimmel ones. But of course they are different products. I would say it would be comparable to the Revlon Just Bitten range. I'd love to see a review on the Revlon colourstay ultimate suede :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we only have two of the colors so far here in canada. hopefully more soon
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ jenn f, oh really? which colours are they? Do you owe any of them? If so, do you like them?

      Delete
  3. ohmygosh, there so pretty! but yeh im the same with you they tend to moisturise for a good hour then fade, BUT i love the colour on you ! so prettyy

    ReplyDelete