Monday 26 August 2013

Crème Carmel Flan Recipe

Hello lovelies,


This post is going to be a non-beauty related one.  I thought it may be good for a change. A few weeks ago my cousin made some Flan and it was delicious! I tried to make it last week and it was a disaster. The Flan was rough and got tidy holes (as seen below). 


I think I left it in the oven for too long and also, I was mixing methods between recipes. This time my mum gave me a recipe she found in one of her Vietnamese cooking book. As a result it’s much better than my first time and the texture is incredible. So smooth and creamy.

I just need to state that I’m no cook. I hardly cook and don’t really enjoy cooking because I have no patience. However, since I’m getting old and one day I need to live on my own, I decided I should start learning some simple dishes. 


Ingredients:
  • 6 eggs
  • Milk
  • Vanilla sugar (I just used raw sugar)
  • Water

Methods:

~ Carmel sauce:
  1. Put 4 tablespoons of water and ½ a cup of sugar in a saucepan and bring it to boil
  2. When you see the sauce turned to a medium golden brown colour, turn off the stove
  3. Pour the sauce into 6 small containers

~ Flan:
  1. Pre-heat oven at 160°C/ 320°F
  2. Put 3 whole eggs, 3 yolks and ½ cup of sugar into a mixing bowl
  3. Manually mix them gently with a whisk
  4. Put 2 and ½ cup of milk into a saucepan and bring to boil (turn the stove off when you see the milk start to slowly bubbles up)
  5. Pour the milk into the mixing bowl with the eggs and sugar and gently mix
  6. Pour the mixture into a flour sieve to extract the un-mixed eggs.
  7. Pour into the 6 containers that contains the caramel sauce
  8. Place the containers in a tray and pour water surrounding the containers (up to half the height of the containers).
  9. Place the tray into the oven and bake it for 1 hour
  10. Once done, take the containers out of the oven and leave them to cool for at least 15 minutes
  11. Place a plate on top of the container and flip the Flan over

 And… Viola:





Hope you guys enjoy the recipe. If you made Flan using this recipe, please tag me on instagram @kwinniezb

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can create short links with AdFly and earn $$$ from every visitor to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete