Sunday 25 August 2013

Lazy Sunday - Another mini haul

Before you guys go “what? Another haul? Thought you were trying to save money?!” Let me clarify that I didn’t spend any money; my awesome bf bought them for me.

I was watching Jodi from Goo Roo Beauty on youtube and she showed what she got at David Jones/ DJ (again for youse non Aussie, DJ is one of the biggest department store in Australia). I wanted to rush out to David Jones straightaway to buy the same things as her. She bought the Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap and I haven’t heard much about it. She also bought a beauty deluxe sampler tote which contains numerous samples.


After watching her video, I then watched the Daily Mix where the pixiwoo sisters had a chat with Anna from Vivianna  Does Makeup and Anna mentioned the magic soap as well. At that point I was like “That’s it! I have to go and get this!” I told my bf about them and surprise surprise, being a lovely bf that he is, he bought them for me.

Right now DJ is having a special deal where if you purchase any beauty related item, you may purchase the DJ beauty deluxe sampler tote for $19.95. The pack comes with a tote with a picture of DJ in Sydney and a clear bag which contains the samples. Now I can use the tote to bring my lunch to work and the clear bag will be great for travelling.

As I mentioned before, I got the Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps which cost $7.95. I got the 237 mL one that has a rose scent. They have a total of 8 scents, the other 7 are:
  • Almond
  • Citrus Orange
  • Baby Mild
  • Eucalyptus
  • Lavender
  • Peppermint
  • Tea Tree

Apparently you can use this soap for various things such as a toothpaste, shampoo, body wash, cleanser, dishwashing liquid etc. I might do a review on it. Would you guys be interested?

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps, 18-in-1 Hemp Rose 235 mL

 As for the sampler tote, there are two types you can get. Both types contain 7 primary samples and 4 different samples.


Primary 7 products which are included in both sampler tote. 

DJ Natural Regernation Day Cream Collagen Surge 30 mL/ DJ Deeply Purify Facial Cleanser Collagen Surge 30 mL

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence 30 mL/ Molton Brown Enlivening Toko Yuzu Bath & Shower 30 mL

Bois d’Orange Perfumed Soap/ Bio Elixia Body Shaper Lotion 20 mL/ O.P.I. Nail Lacquer 3.7 mL

 The 4 additional samples that were in sampler tote that I have chosen. Circa Home Scented Soy Candle in Vanilla Bean & Allspice 60 g/ Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse 30 mL/ Billy goat Soap Lip Balm in Peach/ Burts Bees Day Lotion with Clary Sage 7 g.

The 4 additional in the other sampler tote are:
  • L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream 10 mL
  • Batiste Dry Shampoo 50 mL
  • Burts Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser
  • Revlon Lip Butter

I always wanted to try the Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse and hence I chose the tote that included that. I can’t wait to give all these samples a try.

Hope you are having an awesome weekend xX

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! can you do a review on the body shaperr!!!! 8D

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many good buys. i bought that liquid soap in the lavendar scent and its really quite nice. a bit too strong to use everyday on the body. i found it really stripping.
    i've heard so many good things about SK-II products but that prices are expensive lol
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @jenn f, oh really? I still haven't gotten around to use it yet. Some say you can use it as a toothpaste too which I find so strange. I've heard good things about SK-II too and yes they are very pricey. I've actually had another sample previously. I've tried it but can't tell a difference :S

      Delete