Monday 5 August 2013

July Favourites

This month I haven’t been using much products beside the ones I have mention in my previous favourites. However, there are few products I have been using during July religiously. 


I have been using the Marocaine pure organic argan oil every night and it has hydrates my skin, giving it a nice glow. I did a whole separate post on this product so if you would like to know more information, feel free to check it out: http://quinntologist.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/marocaine-pure-organic-argan-oil.html

I have been loving using both the Michael Todd Honey and Oat cleanser and the Blue Green Algae Toner. The cleanser takes off most of my make up if I used it alone (but I always double cleanse to make sure all the make-up is off). After I cleanse my face I would then use the toner. Since the toner has anti-bacteria properties, I saw some of my pimples have been reduced. Also, it prevents new pimples forming. 

My heels tend to be dry all the time, especially during Winter. The Soap & Glory heel Genius is amazing. Not only does it prevent my heels from cracking but it also adds hydration. My heels don’t dry as much because this product locks in the moisture. It also smells incredible but then again all Soap & Glory products I tried so far smell heavenly. 

The setting powder I have been reaching for everyday is the Revlon ColorStay pressed powder. It gives me extra coverage without giving me a cakey finished. It’s also provides a matte finished which last for more than 8 hours. I didn’t re-touched at work and my face didn’t become shiny towards the end of the day. I used the colour Medium/ Moyen.

My go to blush this month is the Rimmel Match Perfection Blush in number 002 Light/ Medium. It adds a light touch of colour to the cheeks like you are naturally blushing. I still have a pimply face so I don’t want to use any blushes that are quite pigmented (it adds more redness which doesn’t look very nice). 

I somehow misplaced my Maybelline colossal cat eye mascara so I was looking through my mascara draw to see which one I should test out next. I then discovered that I have the Bourjois Volumizer mascara (yes I have a lot of mascaras. I should stop buying them >.<). Like the name of the product, it gives excellent volume and it also lengthens a bit. I remembered a few youtubbers said they like using step 2 before step 1. I also did that method and vice versa and I have to agree I like using step 2 first as well. It just gives a better effect. 

The last favourite for July is the Travalo. It’s so handy and compact. I just put it in my handbag and freshen up when need be. No need to carry perfume bottles with you. Who wants disproportion shoulders? Numerous customers at my work always get the small 30 mL size perfume so they can put it in their bag. I told them they can just buy a Travalo or equivalent ones on eBay and refill it up. It’s always cheaper to buy larger quantity, so why waste money to buy 30 mL? It’s very easy to re-fill, you just take the nozzle of the perfume bottle off and place the end of travalo on top (vertically) and pump. If you guys want me to do a short post on how to re-fill let me know.

Well that’s it for my July favourites. If you have tried any of the products I have used, please let me know what you think of them. Also, I would love to hear what everyone’s favourites are.  

2 comments:

  1. where did you get your soap and glory from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin got it got it for me in America when she was there.

    ReplyDelete