Thursday 8 August 2013

My current hair care

I’m not one who is big on hair care. I see beauty bloggers and youtubbers all obsessed with different hair products which make me want to go out and try as well. However, at the end of the day I have to say to myself “do I really need them?”


I never really have problems with my hair beside for millions of baby hair and how fine it is. Back in the days when I was in high school, I would dye my hair every 4-6 months. During that time my hair was dried. Not so much now, in fact I haven’t dyed my hair for a year now and I’m growing the dyed part out. 

After I washed my hair it seems soft and silky without extra products. Maybe it’s the asian genes? Since I have extremely fine hair I tend to use shampoos and conditioners that are light and won’t pull my hair down. At the moment I am using John Frieda Luxurious Volume Shampoo. It’s a clear gel with a light weight formulation. It states that it also adds volume but I haven’t really noticed much.

For conditioners, I would alternate between the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque and Organix Renewing Moroccan argan oil. The masque smells incredible but not as hydrating and effective as the argan oil.

I use the Tresemme Heat Tamer Protective Spray before blow drying my hair. When I do blow dry my hair I used the funny twirl comb I bought at a Japanese gift shop for only $3. You just twirl your hair around it and blows dry that section. In my opinion, I think the comb actually works. It adds volume to my hair making it looks like I have more hair haha.    

I love using the Tangle Teezer to comb my hair. It doesn't pull my hair too much and the hair get un-knotted in just a few strokes. It's especially useful when you have damp hair, doesn't pull your hair out like a regular brush.

Oh and I only wash my hair every second day. The day when I don’t wash it I use dry shampoo. Right now I’m using the Klorane one. 

2 comments: