Thursday 6 August 2015

Ma Belle Box unboxing


Back home in Australia I always wanted to subscribe to one of the beauty boxes but could never be fully committed in doing so. I mean, if I decided that I don’t want to subscribe anymore, it’s just a hassle to go through the processes of unsubscribing.

I was excited and impressed when I discovered that Vietnam has this service as well. Ma Belle Box is the first beauty box subscription service in Vietnam and they had just launched their first beauty box recently and I'm glad I was one of the first beauty lovers to get my hand on one.

Unlike other beauty boxes, instead of launching a box every month it’s bimonthly and cost 500,000 VND which is equivalent to $30 AUD ($22 USD). What I like about this service is that you don’t have to actually subscribed and provide your credit card details. All you need to do is order it on Ma Belle Box website and pay cash upon delivery (only in Ho Chi Minh City). I ordered the box on the last day of July which was on a Friday and I received it on the following Tuesday.

Within the box, subscribers get 3-4 travel size products and 1 full size product.

That being said let see what I've received in this first edition;

First of all, I love the design of this box. It’s has a delicate and gentle vibe to it (beauty within). The box is sturdy and can be used again as a storage box. At the moment I’m using it to store polaroid pictures. It’s my ‘memory box’ I guess you can say. Also, the staff members handwrite the subscriber’s name on the cardboard box. This gives a nice personal touch making the subscriber feels extra special as if it the box was personally customises just for them. A clever strategy I must say. 

It contains a useful booklet with information about the products received as well as beauty tips.

The 1st edition contains 4 sample size products and 1 full size product. I like how the products are placed in a white pouch with the Ma Belle Box logo. This pouch can come in handy to store numerous things. I think I might put my costume jewelleries in it when I travel. 

It also contains mini samples of the Kenzo perfumes. They smell amazing. The whole brochure smells like the ‘A Scent’ by Issey Miyake perfume (pink one), one of the perfumes I love. 

Life coconut – Pure Beauty Oil. You either get the oil for the skin or hair. I got the one for hair which is perfect because the ends of my hair been dry lately. 

Spa Pure – Flight Therapy. First of all, how cute is the little pouch that it comes in? I know a few people that get anxious while flying so this would be perfect for them. It’s lemon grass oil hence, it can also be used as an insect repellent. I get bitten like crazy so I'm sure I will put this to good use. 

Rendez-vous – Duo Make up remover. I always apply the double cleansing method when I remove my make-up. Can't wait to give this one a go along with my second cleanser.

Savon De Saigon – Hidden Garden with jasmine face & body soap. It’s a natural handmade soap. I'm excited to use this; I love the scent of jasmine. I hope it will be as good as the soaps at Lush Cosmetics.  

Bourjois – Rouge Edition 12 hours in number 32, Rose Vanity. This is the only cosmetic item in the box. You either get this lipstick or the Rouge Edition Aqua Laque. I was hoping to get the Aqua Laque one instead because the colour of the lipstick isn't a colour I would gravitate towards. But I've seen numerous Vietnamese girls wearing similar shade so I can see why this colour was chosen. On the plus side, it can also be used a cream blush. 

Overall, I’m pleased with all the products in this first edition. However, it would be great if there are a balance of cosmetic and skincare products.  

Let me know your thoughts on this beauty box. Is there any products in the box that you would like me to do a review on? Leave a comment below.

Thanks for reading lovelies. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for you review Lovely :) Hope you will enjoy our second edition even more! <3

    ReplyDelete