Tuesday 15 December 2015

Summer Essentials



Hi Lovelies!

Again I have to apologise for not posting on a regular basis due to my hectic work schedule. 

So I'm back home in Melbourne and it's the start of Summer. Since I've been living in Ho Chi Minh City and now home, I pretty much have an endless summer for the past year. Therefore, I've decided to make a post about the essentials things I've found useful for the hot weather.



1. A hat to shade your face from the sun. I love my beach hat that I bought with a few of my girlfriends a while back. It has a wide brim which protects my face from getting sunburn and it pretty much goes with most of my summer outfits.

2. Sunscreen. I can't stress enough how important it is to put sunscreen on. Not only does it prevents  you from getting sunburn and skin cancer but it also reduces your skin from ageing rapidly.

3. Bottle of water. I'm sure you've heard this a million times but you got to keep that body hydrated! During summer our body water evaporates more than usual so remember to drink at least 8 cups a day.

4. BB cream. I don't like the heavy feeling of a foundation in summer so I tend to use a BB cream which is lighter but still even out my skin tone. At the moment I'm using Klairs Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream which has SPF 40 and PA++. It's fantastic since it doubles as a sunscreen as well. 

5. Concealer. Even though BB cream give you some sort of coverage, there always seem to be those stubborn spots that love being visible. Hence, it's a good idea to use a concealer that can cover them up. 

6. Pressed powder. Since your make up most likely to be melted off in the heat, using a press powder will prevents that and keep everything intact. 

7. Blush (cream or jelly). When I have make up on I always like to put a bit of blush so that I don't look like a zombie. Using a cream or a jelly texture will stay on the skin for longer. At the moment I love using the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Berry Bliss. 

8. Eyebrows product. I feel incomplete if I don't fill in my brows and you know what people say...the brows frame your face. I've been loving the K-Palette Tattoo Lasting 2way eyebrow pen. It has a liquid side for you to fill in the brows then a powder side to set them. 

9. Waterproof mascara. My eyes feel more "awake" and open when I have mascara on so I always have to put some on. I have very thin lashes so I find that a waterproof mascara holds my curls much better than a regular one does. Also, it doesn't cause a mess when you go for a swim. 

10. Lipbalm. Need to keep those lips moisturise (one with SPF would be good) and you can add a tint of colour too if you wish.

11. Body mist. You want to feel and smell fresh during the summer days so a light perfume or body mist is perfect for the job. I'm currently using the Victoria's Secret Fragrance Mist in Honeysuckle & Jasmine.

12. Blotting papers. My skin is fairly oily in general but it's out of control during the hot weather. I'm sure I can fry an egg on my face if you get my drift. Therefore, blotting papers are crucial to me. My favourite so far is the Oil control Film by Clean & Clear. I've got some when I was in Singapore and haven't seen them in Australia. I guess I'll be looking for them on eBay when I run out.

13. Sunglasses. Last but not least, I need some shades to protect my eyes from the bright glaring rays. I'm obsessed with my Quay Sunglasses at the moment.  

That's all I can think of right now and I hope you found it useful. Let me know what are your essentials for Summer in the comment box. I would love to know.





No comments:

Post a Comment