Thursday 31 March 2016

March 2016 beauty favourites



Hey Lovelies,

I haven't done a beauty favourites in a while because I've been wearing minimal make up and most of the products I do use are old favourites. With that being said I did discover a few things I've been loving in the past couple of months that I want to share with you.

I have very sensitive skin and I find most of the exfoliators I've used so far can be quite harsh. This is not the case with Clarins Gentle Refiner Exfoliating cream. The mircobeads in this exfoliator is super gentle yet it leaves my face feeling like I have a new set of skin hahaha.



My skin can be super oily which causes me to break out easily. After using Dr Dennis Gross Clarifying Colloidal Sulfur Mask twice a week for the past few months, I've noticed my skin becomes less oily and the size of my pimples get reduced the day after I applied the mask. It's a perfect 2 in 1 product.


You can leave this mask on for 15 minutes then wash it off or you can wear it overnight
Due to my adult acne stage, it has caused me to have hyperpigmentation and scarring and I was extremely self conscious about my appearance. One of my girlfriends showed me Weylie's youtube video where she mentioned Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum and how it drastically reduces her deep acne scars. This serum is expensive (around $90 AUD) but I've decided to give it a go and I'm glad I did because it is totally worth it. I've been using it for 2 months and like Weylie, I too noticed a drastic difference. Even though my acne scars aren't completely gone, the serum has given me enough confidence to be able to go out in public without a worry.



Since I've been trying to reduce pimple outbreaks on my face, I don't wear as much make up on a daily basis as I used to. I've been using only a concealer and a tinted lip balm. To add more dimension to my face I fill in my brows and line the waterline of my eyelids.

I ran out of my brow pencil so I borrowed my sister's Maybelline Brow Satin (Dark Brown) and I love it. It's natural and the shade is just right. It has a sponge applicator on the other end to blend the product out but I find using a brow brush works better for me.


For eye liner I've been enjoying the Natio Long Lasting Eye Liner (Black). It has the right intensity of blackness and it's so smooth that it glide on effortlessly. It also has a sponge applicator on the other end where you can use to smudge it out. Personally I don't think I look good with a smokey eye effect but I like having the option.


Minimal/ natural make up I've been wearing lately; Maybelline Brow Satin, Natio Long Black Eye liner, concealer for the undereyes and a tinted lip balm. Yes my face is naturally whiter than my arms. 
So they are a few things I've been loving these pasted couple of months. What are your favourite products?

No comments:

Post a Comment