Sunday 30 June 2013

Lazy Sunday – Clarins Haul


I've been reading numerous skincare blogs lately and I came across abundant reviews on the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator, brightening toner (positive ones of course).

What do I usually do when I hear great reviews? I run (not literally) to the closest store to check it out. I went to Myer (one of the biggest department store in Australia) and the sale rep was very helpful. She said you apply it like a normal toner but it contains ingredients that exfoliate your skin without the requirement of scrubbing your face. She also mentioned it rejuvenates the skin.  It costs $45 AUD for 125 mL. She showed me another type where it’s an exfoliator and said it’s pretty much the same as the toner but has extra ingredients to help with brightening the skin. It’s also $45 but for 50 mL. I was drawn to the exfoliator because I have skin pigmentations.

I also heard that Clarins sunscreens are good and the sale rep showed me an oil free formulation. She placed a tiny drop on my hand and it spread out to my entire hand. You know how you hear people say “little goes a long way”? I never experienced that. Beauty blogger would say that about foundation and I disagree with them because I have to use at least 1.5 to 2 pumps to cover my whole face (and my face isn't that big, don’t have a huge surface area). But now I've understood. You have to shake the bottle since it’s a water based sunscreen. The texture and smell of the sunscreen is very light and pleasant. It’s also non-sticky unlike the typical ones. This cost $39 AUD for 30 mL.

One of my good friends told me that Clarins counter at David Jones (the other biggest department store in Australia) is having a deal. This deal is if you purchase at least two Clarins products (one have to be a skin care product), you will get a gift pack. So I walked over to DJ to buy the exfoliator and the sunscreen. The sunscreen is the same price as Myers but the exfoliator is $55 AUD. The gift pack is not only cute but contains good products. I ended up purchasing the two items from DJ; I’m just spending an extra $10 for the gift set so why not? 



How cute is the tin bucket? It has a leather strap as well. Now I can store all the things lying around on my desk (lots of things) plus, it’s a nice room décor piece. I haven’t opened the gifts yet because I changed my mind about the exfoliator and will get the toner instead. Not sure if they wanted to see the gifts when I go to exchange it so I just didn't touch them (just in case).

Oh, I forgot to mention that they have two types of gift pack. I forgot what the other pack is but I got the Hydration one. This pack includes:
  • Gentle Refiner – Exfoliating cream with microbeads (30 mL)
  • HydraQuench Cream - Normal to dry skin (15 mL)
  • HydraQuench Intenstive Serum bi-phase (15 mL)
  • Extra Firming Body Cream (100 mL)
  • Cleansing Milk – Normal to dry skin (100 mL)
  • Eau des Jardins – perfume (not sure the quantity but I think it’s 20 mL)

I have oily skin but one reason I bought this pack is because I like the scent of perfume better than the other pack and the second reason is I’m thinking of giving the pack to my mum. She has semi-dry skin and she deserves high end skincare for her skin.

Hope you had or are having a nice Sunday xx



No comments:

Post a Comment