Sunday 2 June 2013

May beauty favourites


May has always been my favourite month since it’s the month of my birthday. Also, in Australia May is the last month of Autumn/Fall which is my favourite season. I love layering clothes and the thought of sitting by a cosy fireplace drinking coffee or tea with a good book seem like a nice luxury.  This May has been amazing for me. I finally caught up with a few close high school friends who I haven’t seen for a year, getting eyelashes extension done for the first time and in general being extremely spoiled by everyone for my birthday.

I have accumulated various beauty items I kept coming back to in this month. By the way, with the picture above I tried to make it looks like the liquid from the perfume bottle spilled out. Yay or nay? Trying to be creative (doesn't seem like it is working). This blog post is going to be a long one so make yourself some nice cup of tea or coffee and enjoy a good read. Here we go….

I've been using the Chance by Chanel eau tendre fragrance almost every day and always get complimented. I’m not very good with describing scents but I will try my best to.  This fragrance has a light fresh flora scent with a hint of fruity smell. It’s more of a spring/summer scent but I just love the smell. It smells similar to the Marc Jacob Daisy perfume. People say it’s very similar and is almost identical but I have to disagree. They do smell similar to some degree but the Daisy one is a bit lighter and has a slight funky smell to it. I don’t know how to describe it, as the alcohol evaporates after you spray the daisy it left with a weird scent. As you can tell, I’m not a big fan of the Daisy perfume.  Chance is quite light so it fades away quite quickly but I just re-apply 2-3 times throughout the day. I transferred it into my travalo and placed it in my handbag so it’s nice and compact. 


My face broke out this month so I have quite a few pimples and blemishes I need to cover up. This month the Revlon Photoready concealer has done the job. It has a rich creamy texture which gives great coverage. It’s not easily blend, the trick is to warm it up with your fingers then apply. I used the shade 003 light medium. This concealer however, isn't good for covering my dark circles. It dries up under my eyes even though I used an eye cream.


For foundation I've been loving Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. It’s a light to medium coverage foundation which leaves a nice dewy finish. I have oily skin but during the colder months my skin becomes normal/combinations. This foundation brightens up my face with a glow and I just look more awake. Like the name of this foundation, the dewy finish makes my skin looks healthier. I’m in the number 53 light beige if anyone was wondering.


Even though the foundation gives me a nice glow, I like to warm up my face further and this month I've been using NARS Laguna bronzer. I don’t what to say about it other than it’s amazing and makes you glow like a goddess in those dull autumn’s weather haha. I've hit pan pretty badly, need to buy another one soon.


As for blush I've re-discovered an all time favourite of mine, NARS Deep Throat. It gives a light-medium pinch of pink on my cheeks and the fine gold specs add a light glowing effect. Perfect for everyday wear.


 Speaking of adding a glow to the face, I've been enjoying using a sample size of Benefit High Beam. I've seen other beauty gurus rave about it and didn't really understand why. I get it now guys! Everyone needs a touch of brightness, and this baby does the trick. I wasn't willing to spend my money on the product but one of my lovely friends gave me a sample. I might consider getting the full size now, what do you guys think?

Before I had eyelashes extension done, I would always grab the Maybelline the colossal volum’ express cat eyes (waterproof) mascara. It has a unique curve brush which further curls my lashes and it separates the lashes evenly without making it clumpy. It adds a bit of volume to my lashes due to the waxes and also lengthens them nicely. Because it’s a waterproof formulation, more waxes are involved thus; it holds the curls for a longer time than the normal formulation mascaras.


 I have to wake up early every morning for work and I tend to take my time to do my makeup. However, I always seem to run out of time so when it comes to the eyes I just grab the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in 25 Bad to the Bronze. It’s perfect for my skin tone and it looked like I put a lot of effort when really I just smeared it on :p 


Since I have to wake up early, I always look tired. I've been enjoying using the Rimmel scandal eyes waterproof kohl pencil in 005 nude. I used it in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten them up. After I applied it I look like I have a good standard 8 hours of beauty sleep instead of a death zombie. It’s a really soft pink colour which makes it more natural than other white eyeliner pencils.


During this month I have a semi-blocked nose at night because it has been so cold therefore I tend to breathe through my mouth. This means in the morning my lips are really dry. I would reach for the Lush lip scrub (in Bubblegum) to get rid of dried death skin and smooth the lips. My favourite lip scrub from Lush is the Sweet lip (taste like vanilla with a hint of chocolate) but they had discontinued it! Nnooo… The assistant recommended the bubblegum one so I bought it. When I first tried it I absolutely hated it. It tasted artificial and I couldn't stand it but because I don’t like to waste money I continued to use it. Overtime I got used to the taste so it’s not too bad now. As long as it does the job then I’m happy.


 To further add moisture to my lips in the morning, I like to use the Neutrogena Naturals lip balm. I’m very picky with lip balms because only a few will add moisture to my lips and the Neutrogena one is one of them. It’s extremely moisturising and it claims that it doesn't use any harsh chemicals such as sulphate, parabens, dyes and petrochemicals, which is a bonus. I want to try the rest of the Neutrogena naturals range such as the makeup remover but haven’t heard any reviews on it. Would you guise want me to try it out and do a review?
 

I've been really into natural look this month even though it was autumn and people tends to like a pop of dark coloured lips. I've been using the Rimmel Kate collection lipstick in number 07 as well as the Bourjois Rouge edition lipstick in number 04 frequently.  Both of these colours are a natural pink colour. Basically they are your lips colour but better lipsticks.


 Please excuse my extremely dry hands. Any suggestions for good hand cream btw?

I also often wore a nude lips and my favourite lip products are the ModelsPrefer infinite colour lip liner in always nude and ModelsPrefer Ultral lipgloss pencil in perfectly polished. I wear both of them together. I would apply the lip liner on first followed with the lipgloss. Together they create the perfect nude lips for me. I find it is hard to find a good nude colour that suits my entire skin colour. After watching Jodik76 on youtube, I really like how it looked on her and we have similar skin tone so I decided to give it ago. So thank you to Jodi, I have found a nice nude colour I love :D


As I mentioned before how I was into natural looks for this month, I also loved nude coloured nails. I used the Rimmel 60 seconds nail polish in 500 caramel cupcake for nearly 2 and a half weeks straight. It’s just a nice neutral colour.  It doesn't dry in 60 seconds like it claimed to be though, more like a few minutes. But I don’t mind because I always watching something while I paint my nails so I don’t get bored while waiting for them to dry.


 That is it for my May beauty favourites. I apologise for an extremely long post but I hope you enjoyed reading it. What were your favourite’s beauty items in May? Also, let me know how your May was in general.

2 comments: