Thursday 24 October 2013

Revlon Lash Potion mascara review

This mascara has finally arrived in Australia. I heard a few good things about it and it’s one of Tati’s top 5(GlamLifeGuru) favourites so I was really interested in trying it. Also, I needed a new waterproof mascara. I got mine at Chemist Warehouse for $15 on sale. This mascara promised to not only lengthen the lashes but also give them volume.




I got the colour 223 in Blackened Brown (waterproof)



I love the colourful packaging


My bare embarrassing sparse lashes before curling

One coat of mascara

Two coat of mascara
I have mascara on my right eye

Wearing the mascara on both eyes

8 hours later (after work). It didn't smudged which is good. Sorry for the bad lighting in my bathroom

VERDICT:
3/5. I love the packaging, so colourful and shiny. However, as a waterproof mascara, it doesn’t hold my curls at all. It does give length and volume as stated on the box but it flakes when I put two coats on as you can see in the picture. Maybe I only meant to apply one layer. It's quite easy to remove with make up remover (the one with two layers). I will continue to use this mascara to see if I can find a better technique in applying it. Tati mentioned that as the mascara dried up, it works better. I don’t think I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment