Saturday 6 July 2013

Review – Mirenesse cosmetics

One of the regular customers at my work is a representative for a company called Mirenesse. I haven’t heard of this brand before but I think it’s like a higher end version of Avon. I asked her what products the brand sells and she said they sell cosmetics and skincare.  She kindly gave me 2 eyeliners and a lip gloss to try.


The lip gloss doesn’t have a name but it has 06 stated at the bottom. Both of the eyeliners have sparkly glitters in the formulation which I don’t mind. One of them is 1. Atum which is a beautiful khaki colour. The other one is 12. Osiris which is a black colour with glitters.


I don’t like the lip gloss because a) the colour is too light for me, it doesn’t suit my skin tone and b) it’s sticky. It has a good coverage but the stickiness put me off. I didn’t take a photo to show you what it looks like on my lips because it looks horrendous (no joke).  


After I applied the eyeliner on my hand, about 10 seconds later I rubbed it to see if it will smudge. It doesn’t smudge at all which is very impressive. It can be easily removed by using eye make-up remover.




Here’s a picture where I have 1. Atum on my right eye (your left) and 12. Osiris on my left eye. My face is taken at a weird angle lol, selfie failed. Also, sorry for the blurry photos of my eye closed up, I took them myself. It was so difficult haha.

I went onto their website to check the prices and they are quite expensive, even when they have sales. The eyeliners cost $39 AUD each and when they are on sale it cost $23.50 AUD The lip gloss also cost $39 AUD



VERDICT:

3/5 for lip gloss. It’s pigmented but is way too sticky for my liking. The packaging looks unique and it has an okay scent. Expensive as well.

 4.5/5 for eyeliners. I love the colours and how it’s smudged free but had to take 0.5 off for the price.

Have any of you guise heard about this brand or even tried any of their products?

No comments:

Post a Comment