Thursday 11 July 2013

Savvy long lasting matte lipstick Review


I only had one product from Savvy and it was a baked eyeshadow. I bought a while back when they had a sale and it cost only $3 other than that, I really didn’t think much of the brand. One of my friend at work raves about their lipsticks. Savvy is an Australian brand cosmetic which affordable price. Priceline was having a sale where you pay 3 products for the price of 2 so I decided to go and get a few to test out.

I ended up getting 3 of their matte lipsticks out of either 8 or 10 shades. Usually they are $6.99 AUD but because of the 3 for 2 deal, it works out to be less than $5 each. The colours I picked are:
  • Bali
  • Morroco
  • Vegas


The lipstick is slim and slightly taller than other brand of lipstick. Above you can see the comparison between the Savvy, MAC and Rimmel.


I accidently dropped one of the lipsticks on the floor and the end where it shows the colour fell off. I can be easily placed back on the lipstick. I found it’s interesting how they put some of the product in the bottom cap. If you run out of your lipstick and you really need want to use that colour, you can get some from the cap hehe.





Usually I won’t go for a matte lipstick because my lips are quite dry. Hence, I was a bit hesitant in buying them. I did a swatched when I was at Priceline and they weren’t too bad on the hand. During the winter months my lips are dry so I applied a light layer of lip balm on my lips first before I apply the lipstick.


The lipsticks have good pigmentation and leave a good matte effect without making the lips feel dry and cracked. My favourite colour out of the three is Vegas. I love the light red/orange shade and it doesn’t make my skin tone looks dark like some colours do.

VERDICT:

4/5. These matte lipsticks have amazing pigmentation and last on the lips for a while. I had lunch with a cup of coffee and it still stayed on nicely. The colour faded a bit but not so much that I had to re-apply. I don’t mind the packaging, it’s nice and slim. And for the price you’re paying, cheap plastic will have to do. The down side is the colours range. As I mentioned before there are about 8 to 10 shades but half of the shades are either nude or very light. For someone who has medium tone or dark complexion, there aren’t many to choose from. I couldn’t pick a nice natural colour for my lips and I always judge lipsticks by that hence minus 1 mark.

Have you tried these lipsticks before? Let me know what you think of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment