Sunday 15 September 2013

Lazy Sunday - Lush Haul


On the 10th of September (past Tuesday) I was privilege enough to attend Melbourne’s first Lush Bloggers Event. I actually got invited through one of my awesome friend who’s also a blogger (Thanks Chermaine). Check her blog out because it’s incredible and very informative: http://chermaineho.blogspot.com.au/ 

I will do a full post on the event and all the information I’ve learned on the day soon. I want to do a bit more research about the company and re-collect my notes I’ve consumed that night to write an informative post for you lovelies readers. I’ve been so busy with work and planning for my Sydney trip that I haven’t got a chance to do so. Once the madness die down, I’ll promise it’s the first post I will publish.



Lush PR company team was ridiculously generous and gave us 10 full size items. 7 of the items are the standard gifts which all the bloggers received, one of them we actually got to see how it is made (Angels on bare skin cleanser).  We then got to pick 3 items as well.

I was watching shaaanxo youtube video on her Lush haul. She also went to the Lush bloggers event but it was located in New Zealand. She received a few different things and she got to make a mud mask instead. Check her youtube channel out:

Below is a table of what each country received at the event.

Australia/ Melbourne
New Zealand
Bubblegum Lip Scrub
Bubblegum Lip Scrub
Honey I washed the kids Soap
Honey I washed the kids Soap
Dream Cream Moisturiser
Dream Cream Moisturiser
Ultrabland Cleanser
Ultrabland Cleanser
Angels on bare skin cleanser
Angels on bare skin cleanser
Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner
Mud mask
Sex Bomb bath ballistic
The Comforter Bubble Bar

I have never used any Lush products before (beside their lip scrub) because I always feel overwhelm with so many products when I enter a store. But now I’ve been introduced to some, I can’t wait to try them out.

Pictures time…. some are information I’ve scanned from the booklet I got given. WARNING: This post is picture heavy. 

I actually got this already. Was planning to buy a new one because I’m nearly out but now I don’t have to (yay!). They used to make the sweet lip flavour which is chocolate and vanilla combination but now they discontinued it L















There are the pictures of the methods on making this cleanser:


1.  Add lavender oil, rose absolute, chamomile blue oil, water etc…  

2. Add glycerine. It’s an emollient so it helps smooth and sooth the skin. 

3. Add ground almond

4. Mixed all the ingredients

5. Add kaolin powder

6. Mixed until we get a dough texture

7. Kneaded the dough


8. Sprinkle lavender flowers


9. Roll the dough


10. Divided the rolled dough into each tubs.

Here are the three things I picked to take home and try:

 Omg this scrub smells divine.

This cream is a “low-fat” cream because it contains minimal oils and it helps with oily, acne prone skin.


This is my aspiration or my talent colour that I picked when I played the emotional brilliance game. It’s an eyeliner but you can blend into an eyeshadow or even an illuminator. I haven’t received this yet. They said they will send it to me.

Those are all 10 products I received. I’ve used a few and love them. Can’t wait to try them all out. I will do a review for all products eventually.

Hope you guys are having an awesome weekend xX

No comments:

Post a Comment